DKC is looking for an Account Executive to join the Chicago team.
The role of the Account Executive is to begin handling multiple accounts with a degree of managed independence. It is at the Account Executive level that DKC employees are expected to become proficient at media relations. Over the course of the employee’s tenure as an Account Executive, it is expected that he/she will develop a vast network of media contacts across the spectrum of traditional and new media and will be able to implement effective publicity in accordance with the client’s strategic imperatives / business objectives.
Specific requirements are as follows:
- Must be able to thoroughly understand the strategic imperatives/business objectives behind each of his/her client’s communications program as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Must be comfortable asking questions of the supervisor if these strategic imperatives/business objectives are unclear.
- Must be proficient in the creation of basic press materials such as pitch letters, press releases, fact sheets, bios, etc. in accordance with the client’s strategic objectives, brand identity, etc.
- Must be proficient in the creation of internal and external documents such as memoranda, client updates, etc.
- Must continue to develop and actively maintain media contacts and relationships with key media relevant to his/her accounts.
- Must be able to implement – with limited direction — impactful publicity with the frequency, size and outlet reach necessary to accomplish the client’s strategic imperatives/business objectives.
- Must begin developing relationships beyond the reporter/correspondent level (e.g. editors, senior producers, etc.)
- Must meet all deadlines under any circumstances and must comport him/herself with professionalism (appropriate dress, punctuality, preparation, etc.).
- Must be able to communicate clearly, comfortably and in an informed/prepared manner with senior DKC staff and independently with clients as necessary.
- Must instill confidence in senior DKC staff and clients.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
DKC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, retirement and a generous vacation policy. As an employee of DKC, you join a team of dedicated and creative individuals who are committed to providing best in class services to its clients.