Location: San Francisco Bay Area
DKC is seeking a smart, energetic entrepreneurial communications and media relations expert to join its growing consumer and B2B technology practice in San Francisco. We work with some of the Bay Area’s leading tech brands including Airbnb, Anki, OpenTable, Roblox, TeeSpring, Thumbtack and Yahoo.
The Account Supervisor is a strategic communicator who leads day-to-day account direction and oversight and ongoing media relations to achieve client goals. They’ll come equipped with strong media contacts, extensive experience in client relations, proven track record in media relations, excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail. They will be comfortable working on teams in a shifting, fast paced environment, and they will be quick studies across a variety of topical issues.
Media Relations/Publicity & Events:
- Positioning and message development for client launches and initiatives
- Provides strategic direction on major media programs, campaigns, and events.
- Has strong awareness of the media landscape and established media relationships and leverages these relationships to secure strategic media opportunities and coverage for clients
- Guides strategy for client thought leadership, speaker and awards programs. Identify speaking opportunities and draft messaging and abstracts for conferences and events
Project Management & Client Relations:
- Develops and executes strategic programs, projects, and initiatives and takes full ownership. Ensures all deadlines and client expectations are met
- Coordinate team meetings and client presentations
- Assist in the development and maintenance of all client reporting documents
- 4-7 years public relations, media relations, corporate communications experience (can be combined) working at a PR agency and/or an in-house communications department
- Excellent writing skills across communications channels
- Relentless attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, bringing a s sense of urgency to the task at hand
- Passion for storytelling and experience shaping brands through the media
- Demonstrated ability to achieve media coverage for company/clients
- Excellent writing and editing skills (samples required)
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a desire to be a part of a small team making a big impact
- Must live in the San Francisco Bay Area for consideration
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DKC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, retirement and a generous vacation policy. As an employee of DKC, you join a team of dedicated and creative individuals who are committed to providing best in class services to its clients.
DKC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO)