Location: NYC or Chicago
DKC is starting a creative revolution and is looking for an Executive Creative Director to lead a band of big thinkers, rule breakers and magic makers. Someone who can drive creative ideation AND run a creative services shop – a jack of all (creative) trades. We want someone who has vision, an entrepreneurial spirit and is looking to leave a legacy. Is this you?
- Lead a team of creatives (creative directors, copy writers, designers, producers) to execute large brand-driven campaigns for existing clients and future clients.
- Craft stories, ideas and campaigns that reach clients’ goals (reach, engagement, earned media, social shares, etc.)
- Collaborate with art directors and designers to execute the visual portion of a campaign
- Work with and mentor junior creatives, guiding them to push their work to new levels
- Partner with other agency groups when possible to create the best possible work
- Manage the creative strategy and general direction of client work and ensure the quality of work produced is in line with agency and client expectations
- 10-15 years of experience in a creative leadership role (at least 3+ years in a creative agency environment)
- Excellent writing skills, including script-writing, headlines and copy, with strong integrated ideas, an engaging tone and the basics of spelling and grammar.
- Ability to build a team and mentor and guide creative talent.
- In-Depth knowledge of campaign storytelling, taking an interest in the best work and the newest platforms and technologies
- Strong understanding of digital and social, being as comfortable on Snapchat, YouTube or Instagram as you are with traditional media. You have a working knowledge of the nuts and bolts of production from a creative perspective, including TV, video and digital.
- Ability to identify the conceptual and strategic direction for various projects, and clearly present those ideas to the team and the client.
For the right candidate, we would also be open to the position working out of our New York office.