Location: New York
DKC is looking for a Publicity Assistant to join the team.
The Publicity Assistant is an entry-level position at DKC. While the Publicity Assistant will be exposed to publicity over his/her 12-month minimum tenure in the position, the role is largely administrative and often involves supporting three (3) DKC staffers.
Specific requirements are as follows:
- Must be proficient at basic writing. This includes the production of clear and concise internal and external memos free of grammatical and typographical errors.
- In time, with proper supervision, the Assistant will be asked to create basic press materials, such as press releases, bios, etc.
- Must dress and act professionally. This includes adherence to a proper business dress code, punctuality, etc.
- Must be able to handle the administrative demands of as many as three DKC executives at once.
- Must be proficient at typing and answering phones promptly and courteously.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient at Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must track, paste-up and file press clips in a timely manner. This includes calculation of ROI and CAV figures.
Publicity / Media Relations
- The Publicity Assistant will be introduced to publicity over time. It is expected the Assistant become comfortable with a moderate level of pitching.
- Every Publicity Assistant must get into the habit of reading New York and national newspapers as well as relevant blogs each morning.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DKC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, retirement and a generous vacation policy. As an employee of DKC, you join a team of dedicated and creative individuals who are committed to providing best in class services to its clients.