The DKC Public Affairs team covers a broad range of issue areas including public policy, education, real estate, the arts/design, non-profit/foundations, and corporate social responsibility. The nature of the work provides a dynamic environment where members of the team are asked to adapt quickly to a changing media landscape while working with reporters on a number of beats. No two days are the same, and we like it that way.
The team is energetic, hardworking, and collaborative. We work closely with DKC’s other groups, including Sports, Health Care, Corporate, Entertainment, Hospitality, Data/Analytics, and our creative shop, Hangar4. We value self-starters with a curious mind and a good sense of humor, who hold client service in the highest regard.
The Account Supervisor – Public Affairs will provide account leadership across the Public Affairs team in areas mainly focused on media relations with education clients, as well as other public affairs clients. It will report to the Managing Director of Public Affairs.
Among the responsibilities:
- Serve as main point of contact for Public Affairs clients
- Manage account teams, divide responsibilities, and enforce deadlines
- Research and draft communications materials, including briefing memoranda, media statements, communications plans, new business proposals, and talking points, among others
- Conduct high-level media outreach; secure impactful coverage across print, online, and broadcast media
- 5+ years’ of relevant work experience. (Agency and/or government experience preferred in the education sector.)
- Some experience working with education institutions
- Proven success in developing and executing strategic communications programs with media relations at the core
- Deep relationships with reporters/editors at national and local outlets
- Track record of identifying, cultivating and winning new business
- Strong management skills including the ability to manage a team spread across multiple satellite offices
- Passion for storytelling and experience shaping brands through the media
- Excellent writing skills
- Relentless attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, bringing a sense of urgency to the task at hand
- Commitment to delivering outstanding client service, providing both strategic counsel and hands-on results
- Ability to think both analytically and creatively
- Expertise in navigating challenging situations, including crisis communications, in partnership with senior executives
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be a part of team