Location: New York
The Publicity Assistant is an entry-level position at DKC that will expose you to every aspect of publicity. The role is largely administrative and involves supporting a Senior Vice President, Vice President, and an Account Supervisor. Because this role works closely with DKC’s political team, previous political experience and/or strong interest in government affairs and public policy are preferred. Applicants must be active followers of news and current events, especially as they pertain to politics and policy. Publicity Assistants are integral parts of teams and get on-the-job training; accordingly, they are evaluated after 18 months and considered for a promotion to Account Executive.
- Must be proficient at basic writing. This includes the production of clear and concise internal and external memos free of grammatical and typographical errors.
- In time, with proper supervision, the Assistant will be asked to create basic press materials, such as press releases, bios, etc.
- Assistants must be effective proof-readers.
- Assistants must be capable of independently conducting primary research on complicated topics.
- Must be able to handle the administrative demands of as many as three DKC executives at once.
- Must be proficient at typing and answering phones promptly and courteously.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient at Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Google Docs.
- Must track, paste-up and file press clips in a timely manner.
Publicity / Media Relations
- The Publicity Assistant will be introduced to publicity over time. It is expected the Assistant become comfortable with a moderate level of pitching.
- Every Publicity Assistant must get into the habit of reading local and national newspapers as well as relevant blogs each morning (not just their Facebook and Twitter feeds)
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DKC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, retirement and a generous vacation policy. As an employee of DKC, you join a team of dedicated and creative individuals who are committed to providing best in class services to its clients.
DKC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO)