Location: Washington, D.C.
DKC is looking for a Publicity Assistant in our DC area office
What you’ll be doing and what’s required:
The Publicity Assistant is an entry-level position at DKC. During your first 12 month minimum tenure as an Assistant you will be exposed to every aspect of publicity. While the role is largely administrative and involves supporting three (3) DKC staffers, Publicity Assistants are integral parts of teams and get on-the-job training so after a year promotion to Junior Account Executive is probable.
Here are specific requirements:
- Must be proficient at basic writing. This includes the production of clear and concise internal and external memos free of grammatical and typographical errors.
- In time, with proper supervision, the Assistant will be asked to create basic press materials, such as press releases, bios, etc.
- Must be able to handle the administrative demands of as many as three DKC executives at once.
- Must be proficient at typing and answering phones promptly and courteously.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient at Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must track, paste-up and file press clips in a timely manner. This includes calculation of ROI and CAV figures.
Publicity / Media Relations
- The Publicity Assistant will be introduced to publicity over time. It is expected the Assistant become comfortable with a moderate level of pitching.
- Every Publicity Assistant must get into the habit of reading LA and national newspapers as well as relevant blogs each morning.
DKC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org